Club Penguin Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Club Penguin Lounge

A place to chill out and talk club penguin with the forums and our very own chat and blog.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

3D Button- Photoshop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tricky14
Tricky14

Number of posts : 261
Club Penguin Server : Any that is open.
Club Penguin Username : Tricky14
Infractions : 0/5
Credits : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-19

3D Button- Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: 3D Button- Photoshop   3D Button- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:18 am

I think that these are really cool so I will share with everyone my way of making them.

First off open up a new file, I used 500x250. Its alot easier to make things big and then resize them when you are done. These are the settings that I use for this type of image but you don't have to have the same exact thing, you do have to have the Background Contents as transparent though.

3D Button- Photoshop C4ac5c52d3
(Click for bigger size)

Next, create a new channel. In this new channel make a pill shaped image. Its easiest to do this by making 2 circles and then making a rectangle in between them with the rectangle marquee tool. Make sure that the pill shaped image takes up most of the canvus.

Now create a selection from your new channel. (Select > Load Selection) Make sure that the channel that you are loading is the right one.

3D Button- Photoshop 8656cf528221
(Click for bigger size)

After you have the selection loaded, go back to your layers and create a new layer and fill it in with a color. I used R:70 G:122 B:179 or Hex: 467ab3.

Now we are going to get the nice 3D effect with Layer Styles or Blending Options (same thing). Still working with the newly created blue pill shaped layer open up your layer styles and choose Inner Shadow (Layer > Layer Style > Inner Shadow). I used the settings below.

3D Button- Photoshop 5c3ee5142252
(Click for bigger size)

After you are done with the Inner Shadow, don't click OK, we aren't done with the Layer Styles yet.

After applying the inner shadow choose the Bevel and Emboss layer style and apply the settings below:

3D Button- Photoshop Cad77c809ff8
(Click for bigger size)

Still not done with the layer styles. This time choose satin and, again, use the settings below:

3D Button- Photoshop 009f1eb68a3c
(Click for bigger size)

Alright, last layer style, for now. This time choose Gradient Overlay and use the settings shown below:

3D Button- Photoshop B36c696c39b1
(Click for bigger size)

OK, still working on the blue pill layer, load the selection of the layer (see image below) and then contract it (Select/Modify/Contract). Contract by 10 pixels and then do another contraction of 10. Once the selection has been contracted twice, feather the selection (Select > Modify > Feather) with a value of 10.

3D Button- Photoshop 5ef130829a66
(Click for bigger size)

Now Alt+Click the new layer button, which will make a new window pop up. We are going to create a new Color Dodge layer with "Color-Dodge-Neutral color (black)" checked (see image below). Fill this newly created layer with white using the paint bucket.

3D Button- Photoshop 541213182d5b
(Click for bigger size)

Double click the newly created layer to bring up the blending options screen and apply the following settings:

3D Button- Photoshop 4a44cd2b26db
(Click for bigger size)

Still working with the Color Dodge layer, apply a Gaussian Blur, I used a value of 18. You are now finished, except for text!

3D Button- Photoshop Ef72ee336ed9
(Click for bigger size)

Last, if you want text, type in your text and then just add a shadow to it. (Layer > Layer Style > Drop Shadow)

3D Button- Photoshop 52a6bc220df5
(Click for bigger size)

Make sure that you change the image size after you are done to the size that you want. (Image > Image Size)

And here is the finished result:

3D Button- Photoshop 44475f30f84c
(Click for bigger size)

(That dark ring going around the button can be taken away, its something that happens when you add the Color Dodge layer)

Notes: There are many different results that you can end up with, I may add some later but here are a few just listed:
Different Shapes
Different Colors
More Overlays
Transparent Design
And many more, see if you can find them all!

Please post your results here! Happy
Back to top Go down
Broly Ss10
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Broly Ss10

Number of posts : 290
Credits : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: 3D Button- Photoshop   3D Button- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:23 am

I don't have Photoshop, but I'm quite sure this was made by someone else.
Back to top Go down
Tricky14
Tricky14

PostSubject: Re: 3D Button- Photoshop   3D Button- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:33 am

Yes, probably. I made this myself but I have seen tons of people with them.
Back to top Go down
Broly Ss10
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Broly Ss10

PostSubject: Re: 3D Button- Photoshop   3D Button- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:38 am

Lol, I could probably find all your tutorials throughout the web.
Back to top Go down
Tricky14
Tricky14

PostSubject: Re: 3D Button- Photoshop   3D Button- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:44 am

Yep, probably. I'm not the one for making my own tutorials. I am more into endorsing. wink
Back to top Go down
Broly Ss10
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Broly Ss10

PostSubject: Re: 3D Button- Photoshop   3D Button- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:46 am

Haha, classic. Please make the brushes tutorial now, please. I need to make one before Saturday or I'll lose my signature job. My signature is past it's expiry date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3D Button- Photoshop   3D Button- Photoshop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3D Button- Photoshop
Page 1 of 1