Club Penguin Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Club Penguin Lounge

A place to chill out and talk club penguin with the forums and our very own chat and blog.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tricky14
Tricky14

Number of posts : 261
Club Penguin Server : Any that is open.
Club Penguin Username : Tricky14
Infractions : 0/5
Credits : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:14 am

Starting notes:

* We are working for this outcome:
Pop-Out Render- Photoshop 6795835ce624

* I got the font from dafont.com and you can search, Spiderman 3 or Playstation 3 and find it.

* Shadow was from planetrenders.com

* I used a brush from a set that I downloaded, sorry but I forgot where I downloaded it.

* I did not come up with this. I learned how to do this on another forum, from Biscuit, and he learned it from a member at another forum, Incubus.

Make a new image and make it 300x100 pixels. Make sure the "Transparent" is checked, not the "white".

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop 545c266e12b6

Click the "Paint Bucket tool" and fill the whole image with the color Black.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop B2cb4ba8c31c

Choose any brush that you want and make a design. Make sure that you use White.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop C9e2b5f3f7be

Once you have the design that you are going to use, go to Image > Canvas Size, and change the size to 400x200 pixels and press OK. Your image should now look like the one below.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop 454328395fb

Now go to Edit > Transform > Perspective or Ctrl+T > right click > Perspective. The image should now be surrounded by 8 dots. Choose the dot that's in the middle of the bottom, slide that dot to the right a little, to make it slanted. Than choose the top left dot in the corner, and move it up just a little bit and than your done with the background, for now. Note: You can make it tilt more if you want, it's up to you on how far to tilt it.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Ddd80876e001

Now open up the thing that is going to pop-out of the signature and paste it onto the image, I'm going to use Shadow for this.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop 40a26fcddc0f

Now that your character is on top of the signature, make sure you have the character's layer selected and go to Filter > Distort > Wave. Now just use whatever settings you want for it, I used the default settings.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop B7149bbe11c0

Now make alot of copies of it by dragging the character's layer to the New Layer button. Next move them so that they completely cover up the background layer. After they are covering up all of the background, select all of the layers of the character at once, click the top one and then Shift+Click the bottom one, and then go to Layers > Merge Layers. It will merge all of the character's layers (make sure not to merge the background) and it should look like this.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop 214f98c3ca49

Now all of the characters should be one layer, so that there's only 2 layers now, the background, and the characters layer.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop F00b2479050f

Then, with the characters' layer selected, go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur, and make sure the Radius is set to 4.0 pixels.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop 6903285b7d63

Now we need to make it so that only the characters are showing on the background. Hold Ctrl and click on the layer that the background is on. That should show a highlighted line that's in the shape of the background you first created. When you see that press Ctrl+Shift+I all at once, that will invert the selection.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop 9cd4093d7125

Now that that is selected, click on the layer with all of the characters, and hit Delete, it should delete all of the parts of the characters that are outside the background box.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop F79de62b66d

Now set the characters' layer to "overlay", and the characters should now only show where you put the brushes earlier in the background. Cool right?

Now to add the border, I didn't add one but this is if you want to. Hold Ctrl while you click on the layer you just changed (charactors' layer). When it is selected, go to Layer > New > Layer. Now on the new layer, go to Edit > Stroke and add whatever border you want on it and press OK.

Now to add the character popping out of the signature, open it and paste it into the signature again. But this time, put it in the position you want it to be in on the signature.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop A9ba0ddc776c

Now you want it to look like the character is fading out of the sig, so go to the "Lasso Tool" and highlight everything you want to cut out of the signature. When it's selected, right click the selection and choose "Feather" and make it a feather of 10. Hit OK, and than hit Delete a few times. After that erase around the bottom where you may have missed.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop D087c89e8427

It should look something like this:

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop E85680363d28

Now to add some text to the signature. Type in what you want and apply any text effects that you want on it. Now we want to make it look 3D, like it's on the signature. Click on the text's layer and go to Layer > Rasterize, this will turn the text into an image now but you can't retype anything in it or change it. After that do the same as before, go to Edit > Transform > Perspective (or Ctrl+T > Right Click > Perspective) but this time, only change the top middle dot, you just move it to the left a little bit so that it fits into the signature.

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop E3b893ffbb1c

Your almost done now! Now right click the layer with the background on it and click "Blending Options" and go to "Drop Shadow" Now all you have to do is change the opacity from 75% to 100% of the shadow and press OK. Do the exact same thing for the character and now you're done with your Pop-Out Signature!

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop 44d404b8cf8a

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop 83952eba833c

Saving Instructions:

Save it as a .PSD first, so that you can go back and change it later in photoshop, if needed.

Than after that, save it again as a .PNG, not a .JPEG. If you save it as .JPEG, it will not be transparent.

Final Words:

* Feel free to ask any questions about this, I have nothing better to do. wink

* If you find that I have spelled something wrong in the tutorial, feel free to PM me or post it.

* Comments would be appreciated.

* Thanks for taking your time to read this!
Back to top Go down
Broly Ss10
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Broly Ss10

Number of posts : 290
Credits : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:24 am

Wasn't this someone else?
Back to top Go down
Tricky14
Tricky14

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:32 am

Yes, I got this from a friend of mine at a different forum and he got it from a friend of his at a different forum. Its in the credits at top of page. Also, I remade it. All of this was remade in my own version.
Back to top Go down
Broly Ss10
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Broly Ss10

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:38 am

I saw this, but for GIMP.
Back to top Go down
Tricky14
Tricky14

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:45 am

Cool, I have not seen one for GIMP before.
Back to top Go down
Broly Ss10
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Broly Ss10

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:49 am

Hmm, okay.... Try GIMPtalk for great tutorials.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Administrator
Administrator
Bam

Number of posts : 556
Location : Hold In Ctrl and press W for a pop up of my exact location ;)
Club Penguin Username : Arb123;Bam988;Arb1234
Infractions : Moo!
Credits : uhh... cow!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:50 pm

Helpfull tut!
Back to top Go down
https://theclubpenguinlounge.forumotion.com/index.htm
Broly Ss10
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Broly Ss10

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:24 pm

Yeah, but you can't do it, Bam.
Back to top Go down
giatekla
Cp Lounge New Member
Cp Lounge New Member
giatekla

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:58 pm

Tricky14 wrote:
Yes, I got this from a friend of mine at a different forum and he got it from a friend of his at a different forum. Its in the credits at top of page. Also, I remade it. All of this was remade in my own version.

Do you know Bluefire78 or somebody by the name of Coldude from this other forum? They made a sig and asked the other members of that forum to rate it, and it looks like the tut sig.

Anyway, nice tut. I'll try it out soon.

giatekla
Back to top Go down
Bam
Administrator
Administrator
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:23 pm

Broly Ss10 wrote:

How would you know?
Back to top Go down
Broly Ss10
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Broly Ss10

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:23 am

Bam wrote:
Broly Ss10 wrote:

How would you know?

You don't have Photoshop CS3.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Administrator
Administrator
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Broly Ss10 wrote:
Bam wrote:
Broly Ss10 wrote:

How would you know?

You don't have Photoshop CS3.

Yeah I do yuck
Back to top Go down
Broly Ss10
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Cp Lounge Big Poster
Broly Ss10

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:22 am

Well, I do too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pop-Out Render- Photoshop   Pop-Out Render- Photoshop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pop-Out Render- Photoshop
Page 1 of 1